Monday 17 January 2011

3. what kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?




                           RedRoom Productions

Description of my Production Company name and logo:

My production company is called "RedRoom" Production. I called the production this because I thought it sound very professional like a high budget production company. the logo i thought was suitable because it is eerie and my production company will focus mainly on horror/thriller film productions. To create the logo I found the picture on google and used photoshop to create the red effect i think it collaborates well with the film i have decided to create.  

what does a production company do?

A production company is responsible for the production of the film and must present it at a high standard quality by making sure the film is professional and aimed at the right target market. This could be for any media they are responsible for such as advertising, Films, tv programmes and radio. They also are responsible for the financial side of the film for example the budget of the film. if it is a low budget film they have a limit of how much would be spent on special effects, castings and crew members. this is why many low budget movies casts are not well known and special effects are not at a high standard. They are also responsible for how filming goes and if it is running well.

The idea of a distributor and who that might be about and why?

A film distributor can be within a company or a indvidual. they are responsible for the releasing of a film to the public such as through cinemas and DVDs. This can be done directly which many well known distrubtors do such as Disney which distributes their own films on their own channel. 

Where the money might have come from for a film such as yours

My film is going to be produced at a low budget because I am a first time film maker which not much input would be put into from outside investors because they would be taking a risk on a film that is not at a high standard. Compared to many films such as I Am Legend, Narnia and Harry potter. For this film to be produced I would be putting in most of my own money.

Why the various people are named in the titles

In my film I had set out the titles in which i thought was most suitable. I put first the production company because they are the main contributors. I then put the actors names as it went within the film at the right shots. Many Production companies set it out this way if they are using well known actors as they are the main reason for this story being made. I then put the writers and editors last because it is getting closer to the film which they had edited or inspired to write about.

my film would be promoted via adverts and promotional characters i will construct a trailer to get it well known. many other films would do this for example Despicables they had promotional characters and a well known trailer.


No comments:

Post a Comment