Monday 17 January 2011

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?

The target audience I am targeting my film "Soul Harvester" at are young adults preferably between the age of 15-25. anyone older can watch it however i do not think it will be suitable for anyone younger as it is a horror film. This is who i am preferably aiming my film at:


This is Casey Ruston she is 16 years old and lives in Welling. She enjoys photography and has a passion for music. In her spare time she likes to play the electric guitar and likes going to the cinema with her friends. She attends North West Kent College during the week doing a course on photography and works weekends and most evenings in HMV.
 She loves fashion and dresses nicely and shops in mainly high street shops such as New Look, Topshop, H&M and Punky Fish.
She has a passion for music and attends to many of the best concerts. she mainly enjoys rock music and listens to many bands such as: Paramore, Enter Shikari, You me at six and Fall Out Boy. she likes to collaborate her fashion sense within the music she listens to.
Caseys preferable choice genre of films are Horror/Thriller however enjoys the odd comedy film and chick flick. The horror films she likes to watch are Paranormal Activity, The Blair Witch Project, Prom Night, When a Stranger calls and many more. The Comedy and chick flick films she likes to watch are Step Brothers, Wedding crashers, Mean girls and He's just not that into you.
Casey enjoys watching tv programmes aswell such as 90210, One Tree Hill, Friends and Supernatural.
I think my film would be very suitable for her because she enjoys watching horror films with friends and I think she would enjoy this if it came out in the cinemas as my film is very mysterious and eerie and it is mainly focused around young women around her age which might entice her to see it.


Feedback from my Media group:

To get feedback on my film I asked people to comment on the movie and this is the feedback I recieved and what i think of what they said:

This was the first comment made by Aimee which is a very positive comment, she says how the opening sequence makes her feel scared and that she would continue watching the movie. This is fantastic feedback to hear of my opening sequence and it puts the movie on a positive start.

Kirsten another young adult around the age of 16/17 also commented on my opening sequence. she liked the close up shots i used however she had one criticism about my music which she thought got too slow coming towards the end of the sequence. At first i thought this collaborated quite well to sort of come to the end because it seemed like if i carried on with my music sharp and loud and it ended it could have seemed like it wasn't meant to cut off at that time so i thought quieting the music would have worked better. I also wanted it to feel like you were in that persons position lieing their on floor everything blurry and drowsy so when the music quietened meant the end of their life. However it seemed not to come across like this so i do think getting this feedback has helped to look at it from the audiences point of view and how the music does affect how they feel and what they think is happening next time i will take this into consideration.



No comments:

Post a Comment